The Slim & Trim Cookbook
Skinny Sundried Tomato Linguini with Mozzarella
- 1 cup Part Skim Mozzarella, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb. Linguini
- 3 tbs Pine Nuts
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbs Sundried Tomato Paste
- 10 Basil Leaves, torn
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan or wok with no oil over medium heat. Add pine nuts. Continuously turn nuts until toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to a dish.
3. Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and turn down heat. Add tomatoes and toss. Blend in sundried tomato paste. Remove pan from heat.
4. Add linguini and basil to tomato mixture and toss to evenly coat. Top with mozzarella slices.
By using the fat-free ricotta and part skim mozzarella, this recipe has 7% less fat per serving.*
*As compared to using whole milk cheeses