The Slim & Trim Cookbook
Skinny Eggplant Lasagna
- 1/2 lb. Lasagna Noodles
- 2 1/2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 4 tsp Sundried Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup Fat Free Ricotta
- 8 oz. Part Skim Mozzarella, diced
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Eggplant, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 8 oz. Part Skim Mozzarella, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook pasta, drain, and cool. In a large bowl, mix tomato sauce, sundried tomato paste, basil, oregano, and garlic.
3. In another bowl, blend ricotta, diced mozzarella, and black pepper. Add olive oil to a pan and fry eggplant on a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place cooked pieces on a plate and set aside.
4. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce on bottom of 8-inch baking pan. Layer 1/3 noodles, 1/3 tomato sauce, 1/2 eggplant, and 1/2 cheese mixture. Repeat process once. Top with remaining noodles, tomato sauce, and grated mozzarella.
5. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into 4 servings.
Feel free to layer your lasagna in any order you wish, as long as you use the ingredient amounts indicated. By using the fat-free ricotta and part skim mozzarella, this recipe has 13% less calories and 35% less fat per serving.*
*as compared to using whole milk cheeses