The Slim & Trim Cookbook
Low-Fat Shrimp Quesadillas-Ricotta & Feta
- 4 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Cheese Mixture:
- 6 oz. Fat Free Feta
- 15 oz. Fat Free Ricotta
- For Salsa:
- 15 oz. Black Beans, drained, ground
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup Red and Green Peppers, diced
- 1 tsp Jalapeno Peppers, diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- For Quesadillas:
- 16 oz. Steamed or Grilled Shrimp, chopped
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomato, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
(Salsa can be made two day's in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator)
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula, until all is coated. Set aside in refrigerator.
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, season ricotta with half the amount of feta-salsa mixture.
3. Lay tortilla shells out on flat surface. Spread ricotta mixture over two tortilla shells, then layer with shrimp, tomatoes and onions. Top the tortillas and mixture with the other two tortilla shells.
4. Heat a 12-inch non-stick fry pan to medium high heat. Brown the tortillas flipping once.
5. Put quesadillas on a baking sheet in oven to finish melting cheese for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven cut each into 4 slices or wedges. Top with remaining feta-salsa mixture.