Chicken, Roasted Fennel, and Cauliflower Lasagna
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups Basic Tomato Sauce, divided
- 2 cups Bechamel, divided
- 12 sheets Lasagna Noodles, cook as directed
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, toasted
- 16 oz. Sorrento® Mozzarella, shredded
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss fennel and cauliflower with oil in a large mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper. Roast in a single layer on a baking sheet until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Toss ½ of the chicken in 1 cup tomato sauce and the other in 1 cup of the béchamel.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1½ cups béchamel sauce on the bottom of the dish. Top with 4 sheets of the lasagna noodles and then the tomato-chicken mixture. Top with ½ of the vegetables, ½ of the bread crumbs, and ¼ of the mozzarella.
- Continue to layer with 4 more lasagna noodles, the béchamel-chicken mixture, the rest of the vegetables, and bread crumbs, and ¼ of the mozzarella.
- Finish layering with the last 4 noodles, 1½ cups tomato sauce, and the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with parchment and then aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly bubbling. Remove foil and parchment and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more. Cool 15 minutes before serving to allow lasagna to set up.