Brie En Croute with Shallots and Tarragon
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Shallot, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- tbs Tarragon, chopped
- tbs Dijon Mustard
- 6 oz. Brie Log
- Pastry Puff
- 1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. In medium sauté pan heat oil and sauté shallots until golden brown, stirring often to keep from burning, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Let cool about 5 minutes, then add tarragon and mustard.
3. Line a sheet pan with parchment or nonstick foil and place pastry on it. Place brie log on pastry, about one inch from edge.
4. Cover brie with shallot mixture and roll up in pastry tightly.
5. Trim any excess pastry and seal edge tightly. Pinch ends to seal. Use any remaining pastry to cut out decorative shapes and use egg wash to paste them on top of log. Brush egg wash over entire log.
6. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until puffed and golden.