- 1 Baguette Bread, sliced
- 12 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 lb. Basil
- 1 container Pesto, prepared
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Cut bread on a 45 degree angle about 1/2 inch thick and lay out on a sheet pan. Drizzle each piece with olive oil, place in oven to crisp for about 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
2. Pull the basil leaves off the stems and discard the stems. Place leaves in a food processor or blender with 1/2 cup of olive oil and pulse until smooth.
3. Thinly slice the tomatoes and place one slice on each piece of crispy bread. Lightly salt and pepper each slice. Then place one slice of fresh mozzarella on each tomato slice and then top with a small dollop of fresh pesto.